乘以 is a business honor society that recognizes and encourages academic excellence of students at qualifying colleges and universities to create a DMD community that fosters the well-being of its individual members and the business community through life-time membership. 访问 the national website for more information.
The Xi Sigma Chapter of 乘以 was installed at Millikin University on February 23, 2017. The chapter's mission is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to cultivate and celebrate leadership and professional excellence, to advance the values of the society, and to serve its lifelong members. 成员hip is open to junior & senior Tabor students with a GPA of 3.5分或以上.
We encourage our students to get involved in activities that help them to understand more deeply their chosen profession and that allows for professional networking. There are many professional organizations and associations that offer student members. While not an exhaustive list, we do offer the following suggestions for our students to consider:
- American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA): The American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA), 成立于1938年, provides opportunities for women in all fields of accounting and finance.
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC): IFAC is a global organization, representing 2.5 million accountants employed.
- National Association of Black Accountants:自1969年起, this group has strived to on promote and develop minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- The Professional 会计 Society of America (PASA): 2005年起, PASA has focused on entry-level and mid-level associates working at accounting firms across America.
- American Management Association: The AMA provides trainings and valuable resources to ensure business professionals stay knowledgeable in the competitive business world.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS): The American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) provides research and 教育 and certification programs for supply chain and operations management professionals.
- American 市场营销 Association (AMA): The American 市场营销 Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America and is a resource that thousands of marketers utilize daily.
- The National Association of 销售 Professionals (NASP): 1991年起, The National Association of 销售 Professionals (NASP) has been committed to developing sales professionals to become leaders in the ever-evolving sales world.
- 销售 & 市场营销 Executives International (SMEI):销售 & 市场营销 Executives International (SMEI) is the worldwide organization dedicated to connecting individuals in the sales and marketing arenas.
- 社交媒体俱乐部: 社会 Media Club is a professional organization that promotes social media literacy. They work to develop industry standards and provide members knowledge of industry trends in the cutting-edge field of social media marketing.
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (首席执行官): 首席执行官 empowers student entrepreneurs by giving them the business resources, 网络的机会, 指导, and competition experience to succeed in the ultra-competitive entrepreneurship space.
- Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO):The Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) is a global network working to enhance entrepreneurs’ abilities to be successful by learning and growing from each other’s knowledge and experience.
- 美国银行家协会:成立于1875年, the 美国银行家协会 represents banks of all sizes, 支持 the nation’s banking industry and employees.
- The American 金融 Association (AFA): The purpose of The American 金融 Association is to promote the knowledge of financial economics.
- Association for Financial Professionals, Inc. (法新社): The Association for Financial Professionals (法新社) serves treasury and finance professionals.
- CFA协会: The mission of the CFA institute is to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, 教育, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
Management Information Systems & 网络安全
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): ACM brings together computing educators, 研究人员, and professionals to inspire dialogue, 共享资源, and address the field's challenges.
- 前年: The world's leading tech association, 前年 is a thought leader and an action leader. From their IT professional association to their leading certification programs, from original research to member communities and councils, their unparalleled programs set industry standards, foster skills development and generate knowledge and insight every day.
- IBM_MtM: IBM's Master the Mainframe program and competition allows students to get hands-on experience across a variety of technologies, 培养有价值的技能, and earn digital badges - with no prior knowledge required. Master the Mainframe introduces all participants to enterprise systems and inspires interest in mainframe technology.
- ISACA: Incorporated as the EDP Auditors Association in 1969 by a small group of individuals who recognized a need for a centralized source of information and guidance in the new field of electronic data processing audit. 今天, ISACA服务145人,000 professionals in 180 countries, who span several roles in assurance, 治理, risk and information security.
The First-Year Business 生活学习社区 (LLC) focuses on allowing students to build connections with their peers and the business faculty and staff by coming together to create a cohesive, 动态社区. Students will discover more about themselves while making memories during events like share your pet day, 桌游之夜, ultimate frisbee and movie night! Benefits of this LLC also include networking with recent MU grads and involvement in collaborative programming with student organizations across campus. Students can use their experience in this LLC to identify, develop and articulate a vision for their future as a leader in their passion area or field.
Requirements for living in the First-Year Business LLC: Be a first-year, 全职, degree-seeking student and be curious about how to prepare or create a future working life.
Learn more about Millikin's Living Learning Communities at support.thecorpseofannafritz.com/livinglearning.
Tabor Student Advisory Council
The Tabor Student Advisory Council (TSAC) is a student organization that acts as a liaision between the students & faculty/Dean of 塔博尔商学院.
The Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (首席执行官) is a nationwide student organization focused on informing, 支持, and inspiring college students to be entrepreneurial and seek opportunities through enterprise creation. The Millikin Chapter of 首席执行官 is formed by students from across campus with a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. The leadership board is elected by the 首席执行官 members for a 1-year term. Among the several projects and activities organized and hosted by the students, 168体育首页强调以下几点:
- Movie nights: Once or twice a semester, 首席执行官 Millikin hosts the movie nights, when movies related to entrepreneurship and innovation are screened followed by pizza and insightful discussions about lessons from the movie for future entrepreneurs.
- Guest speakers: Discussion panels, 圆桌会议, TED演讲, and other events with external guest speakers and facilitators helps to bring useful advice from outside practitioners
- Competitions: 首席执行官 Millikin coordinates MU Pitch, a pitching contest where students apply for seed funding to kick off their social or business projects, annually in the Spring semester.
- 首席执行官 Annual Conference: Every year, 在秋季学期, 首席执行官 Millikin board members attend the 首席执行官 Annual Conference. In addition to attending several sessions and learning from inspirational keynote speakers, selected Millikin students participate in the Global Pitch Competition for a $15,000年奖.
By joining 首席执行官 at Millikin students will have access to limitless opportunities to improve their entrepreneurial skills, get insightful learning for their businesses and increase the reach and quality of their network. If you are interested in joining, please contact Dr. 马科斯桥本在 email@example.com.
Tabor Dean's Business Council
The mission of the 塔博尔商学院 Dean’s Business Council is to provide external perspective and review, as well as advocacy and support for the school’s programs, 战略方向, 总体目标.
The objectives of the Dean’s Business Council include, but are not limited to:
- Advising the School, through the Dean, on issues that impact mission and strategy
- Serving as a sounding council on planning issues, new programs, and activities
- Identifying opportunities for students to interact with business, both public and nonprofit organizations, 通过实习, 指导, 以及绩效学习
- Serving as an advocate for the school’s interest with the external community and building important ties and connections between the 塔博尔商学院 and the community
- Bringing business executives into the classrooms and other close contact with students and faculty in both formal and informal settings.
- 安布尔·凯勒'06/MBA '16
- 特雷弗五月16/MBA '17
- Deb Youssef, 84年